Support workers in care at home and housing support services in Scotland need to apply for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) by 13 December 2019 to guarantee their application is processed before the mandatory date for registration of 30 September 2020.
SSSC has published guides for employers to support care at home and housing support workers when they apply for SSSC registration. Find out more
When registered, support workers in care at home and housing support services will be the largest group of workers on the SSSC Register with an estimated 62,500 eligible.
How to apply to register with SSSC
It’s quick and easy to register with SSSC using your MySSSC account.
First you need to set up your MySSSC account. You can do this on your smartphone, PC or tablet.
To set up your account you need:
- a secure, personal email address
- your National Insurance number.
After you have set up your account, SSSC will send you an email to validate your account. Click on the link in the email, you can then log in and begin your application.
Completing your application
You will need the following details ready before you start to make the process quick and easy:
- your personal email address where we can contact you about your application
- your National Insurance number
- the Register part(s) you are applying for
- the care service number or postcode of where you work
- the name of the organisation you work for if you are a supply worker
- any relevant qualifications as well as the award certificates (you will also need to send a copy of these to us)
- any criminal offences. You only need to tell us about any relevant criminal convictions not all criminal convictions. Please see our Criminal Conviction Guidance to see what you should tell us. Please make sure you read and understand the information from Disclosure Scotland
- any disciplinary matters
- any health matters you need to tell us about.
It can take up to three months to approve an application. SSSC should contact you if you have missed out any information and it may take longer for SSSC to approve your application.
See the SSSC website at: https://www.sssc.uk.com/registration/how-to-apply-to-register/